Sunday, May 11, 2008

Murburg virus


The Marburg virus is the causative agent of Marburg haemorrhagic fever. Both the disease and virus are related to Ebola and originate in Uganda and Eastern Congo. The zoonosis is of unknown origin, but Egyptian fruit bats are suspected.
In the spring of 2005, the virus attracted widespread press attention for an outbreak in Angola.
In September 2007, New Scientist magazine reported.that the virus has been found in cave-dwelling African fruit bats in Gabon, the first time the virus has been found outside humans and primates. A team in Uganda is also testing bats in a mine after two miners contracted Marburg in August 2007. Ebola genes (a close relative to Marburg) were found in three species of fruit bats in 2005. The same techniques used to identify those genes were also used to identify Marburg genes found in Egyptian fruit bats, Rousettus aegyptiacus. Marburg antibodies have now been found in healthy bats,that the bats had been previously infected. Although no-one has yet found complete live viruses from a bat, the team suggest that "[I] think we can be sure that these fruit bats are the reservoir of Marburg virus

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Good day everyone, two months ago  I was diagnosed with (urethral cancer), which had caused me a great deal of pain and pressure on my bladder. My doctor insisted that there was no other choice but to go under the knife. So everyday I was online searching for herbal medication. I never want to undergo any surgery. so. I have so many testimonies on how they were healed by dr. Imoloa herbal medication. without wasting time i contacted him (dr. Imoloa). on how to get the herbal remedies. I received the herbal package in less than a month, and I followed the steps and procedure on how I should be taking it. and one months later I was scheduled for an ultrasound check: it was shocking. The cancer had completely gone, I had consulted my doctor and canceled the surgery and with your dedicated counseling guidance I managed to completely treat the urethral cancer, along with the pain and anxiety that this condition had inflicted on me. a big thanks to God almighty, thank you Dr. Imoloa for the powerful herbal medication you have to cure people. you reach him on Email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com WhatsApp number- +2347081986098.

My Visitor's No.